Responsible for effectively planning, managing, and overseeing property entitlement, permitting, and project management to complete projects on time and on budget. Candidate must be able to interact professionally with real estate brokers, architects, land owners, consultants, municipal officials, and construction personnel. This position will work closely with senior management.
- Oversight of the full cycle of project development including due diligence, design, construction, and delivery.
- Coordination of the entitlement and due diligence process with vendors and consultants.
- Enforcement of Landlord requirements for development from all parties including property owners, tenants, contractors and consultants.
- Liaison between Landlord/Owner, engineers, architects, city/county/state regulatory personnel, and contractors.
- Ability to negotiate/re-negotiate with brokers, tenants and property owners as situations arise.
- Preparation and management of construction budgets and schedules.
- Review and track monthly draw packages from contractors for applicability and correctness and work with accounting department to ensure funding.
- Preparing financing packages and investor reports by providing critical development information.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Development professional.
- Knowledge of general workflow and processes for the construction of retail buildings.
- Proven track record of timely delivery of construction projects within budget.
- Ability to work independently, but as part of a team, in a demanding, fast-paced environment and be comfortable with change.
- Excellent project management skills, computer skills (MS Office including Excel) and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate issues and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to travel to development sites periodically.