Leon Capital Group
Leon Capital Group (LCG) is an investment advisory firm with a proven track record of providing high net worth individuals and institutions superior risk adjusted returns through a diversified real estate investment strategy. The company seeks to deliver an optimal mix of stable and predictable returns with a focus on more opportunistic ventures.
Leon Capital Group is seeking a VP – Retail Investment/Development that can utilize their experience, credibility and relationships in the retail industry to identify, develop, and manage relationships with national retailers that are expanding and require strategic, turnkey development and capital markets solutions. In addition, the VP will source, underwrite and present to the principals value-add/opportunistic retail investments that meet the Company’s investment strategy. These opportunities will often times require redevelopment and/or repositioning as well as re-tenanting.
- Identify and manage relationships with national retailers that are in expansion mode and require/desire turnkey, development and/or capital markets solutions.
- Work with retailers to identify, evaluate, and present viable new retail locations to clients.
- Manage ongoing relationships with retailers and meet their needs for timely information.
- Source, underwrite, present to the principals and close value-add and opportunistic retail investments in the Houston area.
- Researching and analyzing financial and economic data.
- Negotiating with landlords/land owners and being able to close deals.
- Attend various national and regional ICSC events throughout the year.
- Retailer Criteria – Possess an in-depth understanding of site selection criteria of individual retailers which will enable the company to proactively identify submarkets and specific sites for those retailers.
- Understanding of Site Specifications – Identify and understand all pertinent site specific information for projects in the pipeline regarding lot restrictions, zoning classification, development requirements, entitlement issues, and all other potential regulatory criteria which may impact project development.
- Knowledge of Demographics and Trends – Work to develop comprehensive, proprietary data pertaining to demographics and trends in all major markets in which the company maintains an investment focus. Use of complex analytical processes to identify future target sites for retailers based on their specific criteria and overarching market trends.
- Project Management – Assist in the development project plans as well as communicate changes and progress as necessary
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyzes information skillfully; develop alternative solutions when necessary
- Oral and Written Communication – Speak and write clearly and persuasively in positive or challenging situations
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; follow through on commitments
- Business Acumen – Understand the business implications of decisions; display orientation to profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; align work with strategic goals.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience acquiring and/or developing specialty retail real estate locations. Ideal candidate will have direct site selection experience as an employee of the retailer and/or have similar experience in a Retail brokerage, services or consulting environment.
- Strong relationships with prominent retailers.
- Strong relationships with local brokers.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence decisions.
- Proven ability to conduct successful negotiations of both business terms and legal documentation.
- Strong ability to analyze financial and demographic data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly present and explain strategic growth objectives and site-selection decisions.
- Ability to travel and attend industry events as necessary.
- University degree or equivalent experience.