Leon Capital Group is a Dallas-based private equity investment firm focused on commercial real estate that was originally founded in 2009. The company seeks superior risk-adjusted returns in a diversified real estate investment portfolio with a primary focus on Retail, Multifamily, Self-Storage and Private Equity Investments across the United States and Internationally. Over the past 24 months, Leon Capital Group has acquired, developed and financed over $1 billion of real estate projects in over 100 transactions.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Finance/Accounting and will have primary responsibility for day-to-day accounting functions including financial reporting, cash management, budgets, bank draws, and other projects as assigned for the company’s retail, self-storage and investment portfolio. Additional responsibilities include functions associated with financial planning and analysis, asset management and corporate reporting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- General accounting to include general ledger review, financial statement preparations, and sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly capital call and bank draw packages, including reconciliation to development budget, reconciliation to checks etc.
- Assist retail and self-storage development groups when necessary by researching and responding timely to their needs.
- As capacity allows, assist with accounting functions applicable to the company’s corporate, multifamily and private equity platforms.
- Work with Vice President and Director of Finance and Accounting on corporate reporting matters, including fair value and investor reporting.
- Assist in calculation, billing and collection of fees associated with corporate asset, construction and development management functions.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis and asset management functions, where applicable.
- Assist in the continued development of policies and procedures focused on the finance and accounting functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required (Masters a plus).
- CPA or CPA-candidate preferred.
- 1 to 3 years plus related experience, preferably with commercial real estate (retail a plus).
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Yardi preferred.
- Competitive health benefits with vision and dental available.
- A 401(k) with a company match.
- Competitive vacation and PTO policy.
- Mobile phone allowance